About this role
We’re hiring a Turnaround Operator to support our client’s Turnaround Operations activities. The Turnaround Operator will be a fully embedded member of the Operations Turnaround Executions Team.
Turnaround Pre-work Phase:
- Onboard and build competency in Safe Work Procedures and turnaround procedures for control of hazardous energy and permit issuance.
- Onboard and develop working knowledge of all operating and turnaround systems.
- Complete condensed operator training and familiarize with the assigned operating system.
- Review detailed Operation system preparation and re-commission procedures.
- Review work scope and permit requirements for the assigned operating system.
- Complete a temporary turnaround qualification, once certified will enable the independent operation of equipment aligned to specific plant equipment.
Turnaround Execution Phase:
- Shutdown, prepare, and re-commission operating systems for turnaround execution.
- Follow detailed system preparation and re-commission procedures, this could include and not limited to:
- Nitrogen purge to remove flammables.
- Steam out and decontamination activities.
- Completing chemical clean steps in coordination with chemical clean vendors.
- Identification of process and chemical clean waste for disposal.
- Complete sampling activities to determine the end point of decontamination.
- Leak testing and O2 freeing.
- Detailed line-up checks and return to service documentation.
- Actively pursue the reduction of spills and unplanned releases in operating system.
- Align shift priorities to meet turnaround schedule progress and critical path.
- Maintain an accurate log of activities completed and in progress.
- Report spills and environmental incidents to the Unit Operations Leader.
- Initiate containment protocol for spills and leaks.
- Complete Mastercard/LOTO to ensure equipment is been safely prepared for execution work.
- Confirm zero energy and issue work permits based upon Primavera schedule for the execution of turnaround work.
- Respond to routine requests for information.
- Field audit work permits for compliance, and quality.
- Assist with shift Safety Observations to trend safety in the area.
- Attend daily shift starter meetings.
- Identify lessons learned.
- Assists with incident investigations as required by client.
- Minimum 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate and 5+ years of Petro-chemical, or Power industry Operations experience.
- Related industrial trade certification will be considered an asset.
- Proven capacity to complete tasks aligned to a complex tank farm.
- Proven competence related to the issuance of work permits in an industrial turnaround environment.
- High level understanding of plant system processes.
- Ability to read P&ID’s.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate permit conversations that end with a quality permit issuance.
- Able to work 6x12 hour day or night shifts.
- Embrace respectful workplace conditions.
Nice to Have:
- Turnaround experience.
- Chemical clean experience.
- Previous experience in a petrochemical asset.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
- Resume or up-to-date LinkedIn / Xing profile
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary