About this role
Brunel are currently recruiting a Project Contracting Manager for the world's largest independent tank storage provider for petroleum and chemical industries. They have a worldwide network of tank terminals. The terminals are strategically located for users along the major shipping routes. The majority of customers are companies operating in the oil, chemical and gas sector. The products that they store on behalf of its clients, are used in a wide range of related industries. These terminals support and optimize the reliability and efficiency of the logistic processes of its customers.
This role is Houston-based for a project active in Panama so expect some travel. Candidates must be bilingual (English and Spanish).
Project Contracting/Contract Manager
As a contracts manager for the Americas Division it's an interesting time for you to come on board with our client. The Division is investing considerable capital in expansion and improvement projects. In order to successfully execute the large and complex projects, they seek to attract a Contracts Manager for their Panama project.
Your two main missions...
“You will be responsible for all contracts management related activities in the assigned project”
“You will negotiate specific contracts in line with the defined contracting strategy and standards”
As Contracting Manager you will be responsible for the Contracting strategy, tender process, and conducting negotiations with contractors.
- Defining the contracting strategy appropriate for the project scope, project strategy and contractor market, and establishing a long list of contractors for specific project (EPC, EPC by Discipline, Construction Only, etc.)
- Carrying out and Manage the pre-qualification and RFI process; establishing project-specific evaluation criteria and leading the evaluation process
Working together with project team through the RFP process via Ariba
- Setting up contract(s), identifying potential scope changes, scheduling obstacles, all in cooperation and alignment with the Project Manager
- Setting up contracting, a sourcing plan and contract management during execution
- Integrating project scope and contracts
- Reporting status and variations to the Project Manager.
The Contract Manager manages engineering, procurement, construction management and construction contracts, as applicable during the Execution Stage of the project.
- Managing the contracting plan during project execution (Execution, Commissioning and Evaluation Stages);
- Administering documents and coordinating with the procurement manager on maintenance contracts of the project assets;
- Monitoring contractor’s costs and schedule reporting requirements
- Informing all Project Team members of contractual obligations and procedures
- Ensuring compliance to change management process;
- Securing implementation of cost control system immediately (bank guarantees, additional items, claims, cash flow, back-charges, etc.);
- Coordinating variation orders, delay management, conflict management, preparation for potential litigation / arbitration in terms of proper documentation, timely responses to the contractor as per contract etc
- Closing out contracts during Commissioning Stage; managing the warranty and performance guarantees of the project assets till the end of the warranty period.
- Actively taking part in progress (Site) meetings with Contractors.
- Bachelor’s level by education or experience in a related field required;(Business, Legal or Technical);
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in contracting, preferably in the oil & gas sector;
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with FIDIC, NEC, UAV and UAV-GC contract formats;
- Knowledge of and experience with Claims, Arbitration and DAB procedures;
- Solid hands-on experience with the conducting of tenders and evaluation of tenders;
- Strong negotiation, influencing, collaboration and partnering skills;
- Fluent in English and Spanish (written and verbal)
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a 401k. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are ideally placed to help you get the contract that best suits you. With Brunel you will gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
- Resume or up-to-date LinkedIn / Xing profile
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Keith Jones is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement