About this role
- Manages and coordinates all Khor Mor daily gas plant operations including production and maintenance while ensuring compliance with all labour, safety, environmental and corporate policies and regulations. Executes all plant/pipeline/well operations to maintain the company’s goals and future growth plans. Acts as a focal point for plant/pipeline/well operations in consultation with the department heads, Erbil office to ensure all operations requirements are met and carried out safely. Contributes as a member of the management team in the delivery of strategy and delivery of the company’s objectives and the creation of a positive, unified culture. Have extensive experience and exposure in LPG gas plant operations, management and control of sour service processing as well as LPG and NGL tanker loading operations.
- Manages day-to-day activities of plant/pipeline/well production, maintenance and operation. Ensures that all facilities are maintained to the required standard based on long-term and short-term plans. Ensures preventative maintenance and repairs of all equipment to minimize downtime;
- Reviews and approves production-related expenditures and capital requests. Maintains authority over plant operations budget and schedule;
- Develops and maintains procedures to ensure all work is carried out safely adhering to best international oilfield practices and in compliance with the company’s policies;
- Recommends and supervises methods of safely increasing production within the budget and operational constraints;
- Oversees field maintenance to ensure the safe execution of all operations and that they follow oilfield best practices;
- Supervises and directs maintenance technical activities (e.g. job scheduling & rotation) troubleshooting and provides technical advice when needed.
- Prepares the budget plan and monitors the actual expenses against the approved budget. Creates budget and controls budget for plant/pipeline/well operations-related activities.
- Ensures that all plant/pipeline/well safety guidelines and regulations are followed, and environmental conditions are maintained within acceptable norms and standards;
- Ensure that plant/pipeline/well operations health and safety requirements are being met by supporting and participating in regular health and safety meetings/seminars;
- Provides demonstrable HSSE leadership to field personnel and fulfils responsibilities as per the company's HSSE policies and related policies/communications;
- Manpower Planning;
- Ensures the right number of qualified staff are in place to maintain the continuity of plant/pipeline/well operations and takes appropriate development action to meet the long-term needs of the plant.
- Identifies employee training requirements and ensures that it is scheduled and successfully completed to maintain compliance and safety standards;
- Ensures that all staffs are provided with continuous training on any changes to operating procedures, new technology and safety precautions for the safe and efficient running of the plant/pipeline/wells.
Operations, Maintenance & Facility Management
Budget Plans and Control
Health, Safety and Environment
Leadership, Mentoring and Training
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, Petroleum Engineering (Western education preferred).
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- Minimum 20 years’ experience in hydrocarbon processing design and operations with minimum 10 years’ experience in Manager-level position in the Oil & Gas industry.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
- Resume or up-to-date LinkedIn / Xing profile
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement