About this role
Brunel has a great opportunity to support our client who is a multinational pharmaceutical company.
They are in full growth mode and are seeking a Upstream development Scientist. This is an onsite role supporting the Toronto location. This is an exciting 12 month contract opportunity.
This role is in house supporting the Toronto location. This is a 1 year contract opportunity with a possibility of extension.
- Development of new vaccine processes
- Partially based within the upstream development platform of BRD to assist with development of MenB upstream processes, including cell expansion, fermentation, and recovery.
- Provide feedback during the development process to ensure that the new process is compatible with CMP capabilities and transferable to GMP production.
- Assist with the preparation of reports summarizing experimental and assay results to be disseminated to supervisor and external customers.
- Technology transfer of new processes into and out of CMP
- Support the transfer and / or implementation of new technologies / equipment / processes for MenB upstream process, which is transferred from the Upstream into the CMP
- GMP production of clinical drug substances
- Support GMP production of the Men B Clinical Drug Substance in CMP facilities. This includes use of fermentation and recovery processing equipment, including disposable closed systems for upstream processing.
- This also includes understanding and performance of environmental monitoring within g Class C areas, as well as maintaining records for inventory of materials. Cross train and support other production areas as needed.
- Preparation of documents & GMP compliance activities
- Assist with preparation of SOPs, master BPRs, & validation protocols.
- Assist with preparation of Manufacturing Record Files (MRFs).
- Document development experiments in laboratory notebooks and assist with preparation of summary reports. Help to maintain inventories through tracking, cycle counting, forecasting and ordering
Bachelor’s degree in Science
Previous experience within a similar capacity
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
- Resume or up-to-date LinkedIn / Xing profile
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Martin van Helden is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Martin van Helden
Brunel Canada - Toronto