About this role
We’re hiring a Processing Lead for our client a licensed cannabis producer just east of Calgary operating in complete compliance with the Cannabis Regulations. They are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team immediately. The main duties of the Processing Lead will be comprised of overseeing a team as well as participating in the harvesting of mature cannabis plants, drying and trimming harvested cannabis and/or operating trimming equipment. This is a full-time position reporting to the Operations Manager.
- A minimum of 6 months- 1 year previous experience leading a team of processing technicians working in trim and harvest is a requirement;
- Adherence to Good Production Practices (GPP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Oversee a team and participate in the harvesting and pre-/ post-processing of cannabis;
- Transport of pre-and post-processed cannabis between production environments in accordance with SOPs;
- Completing records of all duties as they are performed and reporting of these to the Operations Manager or Master Grower;
- Quick and efficient manual trimming of cannabis;
- Participate in the post-harvest sanitation of grow room; including appropriate disposal of root balls and remaining plant materials;
- Providing feedback and/or suggestions for continuous improvement(s);
- Performing facility cleaning as required;
- Maintaining a safe working environment by reporting any issues, hazards, or concerns to management;
- Willingness to learn new techniques and assist with additional tasks as needed;
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with minimal supervision.
- BSc in High School Diploma.
- Solid comprehension of the English language, both written and oral. Applicant must be able to read, understand, and adhere to SOPs written in English;
- Strong attention to detail and solutions-oriented approach;
- The desire to become a member of the Joi team, not simply an employee;
- Must be able to wear PPE for long periods of time as required;
- Physically able to stand or sit for extended periods of time;
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination;
- Able to work in a hot and humid environment;
- The hours of work will be Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm, with some opportunities to work overtime during evenings/ weekends. The successful applicant may be asked to pass a criminal record background check to the satisfaction of before employment will be offered.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
- Resume or up-to-date LinkedIn / Xing profile
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sinead McLaughlin is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement