About this role
We’re hiring a Full Stack Developer for our client, a multinational Mining and Petroleum company, to join their team. The Full Stack Developer will play a key role supporting Digital Factory projects that fundamentally change the performance across safety, productivity and people performance. The Digital Factory is an approach to rapid design and development of digital products (software-focused, minimal or no hardware) that provide solutions to operational challenges that are currently being addressed through manual methods.
Full Stack Developer will be critical in the successful development and implementation of digital solutions and products. The Full Stack Developer’s primary responsibility is to contribute across the technology stack, covering the end-to-end development of web and native applications, as well as improvements to DevOps tooling.
- Invoice validation and contract/PO closeout/out (all contracts including those owned by other deployed team members).
- Use Agile engineering practices and various software development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions that enhance the Asset’s technology stack
- Design and develop the business logic and backend systems of the product
- Design and develop functional, performing and complete APIs
- Develop high quality, well documented, and efficient code
- Build applications according to the design, and provide designers with feedback/suggest tradeoffs when required
- Write both unit and integration tests, and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Collaborate with other team members to implement user stories, write tests, and continuously deliver new / improved product functionality
- Communicate with Technology teams to resolve technical dependencies during implementation
- Degree / Diploma in Computer Science or similar field is an asset
- 3+ years’ experience in software development
- Experience developing in common languages and frameworks (Java Spring Boot, NodeJS, Scala etc.)
- Deep knowledge of Object-Oriented programing and engineering principles like SOLID
- Significant experience writing and utilising autonomous services oriented RESTful API services, and performance tuning largescale apps
- Experience with database systems, with knowledge of SQL and NoSQL stores (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Couchbase, etc.)
- Ability to write effective unit, integration, and API tests
- Mobile development experience with either native or web-to-native tooling and frameworks
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
- Resume or up-to-date LinkedIn / Xing profile
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement