About this role
Due to the rapid growth of this 3-yr company, we are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurially minded Chief Financial Officer to support our Agtech client on a full time basis.
Our Agtech client is seeking a CFO candidate will have a proven track record of financial and risk management, including a strong understanding of nuts-and-bolts accounting, forecasting/budgeting/planning, strategy, and M&A.
The CFO will be able to guide the company to sustainable future growth, raising capital when necessary, and helping the business owners foresee key business risks that they otherwise would not.Responsibilities:
- Work with the owners to develop and implement a financial strategy and overall strategic plan for the company
- Serve as a strategic financial advisor to the owners
- Monitor key performance indicators and recommend and implement improvements
- Financial analysis and projects, cash flow management, revenue/expense trend analysis, capital and operating budgetary planning, reporting and the facilitation of debt and equity financing
- Review the maintenance of budgets and financial forecasting models
- Build, lead and develop the finance and accounting function for the company
- Lead monthly accounting, forecasting and reporting processes to ensure that timelines and objectives are met
- Monitor and report ongoing performance against budget
- Proactively identify and analyze potential issues across finance and operations, and coordinate timely resolution with the Management team
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to identify and capitalize on opportunities and mitigate key business risks
- Support raising capital
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant external service providers (Banks, External Auditors, CRA and Consultants)Oversee treasury activities, tax analysis and planning, and potentially human resources
- 2+ years of experience in a CFO position
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field along with CPA certification
- Experience in public markets
- Strong experience in Financial Planning and Analysis – Budgeting & Forecasting focused experience
- Existing relationships with banks and other lenders
- Strong analytical skills, experience interpreting and executing a strategic vision into an operational plan
- Entrepreneurial and creative problem solver, analytical thinker, and quick learner with comfort for ambiguity
- Deep FP&A leadership experience at the start-up, scaleup and growth phases of company development
- Strategic thinker capable of coming up with financial solutions that are supportive of the company’s strategy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 44 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel FamilyAbout us
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
- Resume or up-to-date LinkedIn / Xing profile
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Diana Grodowski is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto